Monday, February 6, 2017

[AG2] A Blacksmith's Intuition

Featuring: Leodin, Mahealani

February 6, 2017
[7:21 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: Just outside the fort, in the afternoon of the Second Day, Mahealani stood, leaning on her kanabo like a walking stick. The poor tree before her looked beaten to hell from the left and the right. Its bark was completely stripped for a decent stretch up both sides. Mahe took a drink from her waterskin before setting it back down by he pack, then she rose her club and began striking the tree again. "One...! Two...! Three...! Four...! Five...!" She continued counting as she swung.
February 8, 2017
[12:56 PM] bREWlager: Carrying his newly purchased gems, Leodin walked outside of Fort Ikkigane for a few minutes. Upon setting his container of gems down and sitting down to taking a look around, he noticed the woman attacking a tree with a club. We watched for a few seconds, intrigued by her fighting style. Not too long after, he stood up and walked towards her. "An interesting object to practice on." The masked man casually stood to the side, making sure to be out of the way of her strikes.
[1:04 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Nineteen...! Twenty...!" Mahe brought the club back down to the ground after. Turning to face him, she propped the kanabo to lean on, "Thank you. And you've quite an interesting outfit, stranger."
[1:10 PM] bREWlager: "Well, this armor's got quite the history in this rebellion... Are you new here?"
[1:12 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "I am, yes. I am a traveling smith and merchant," Mahe nodded.
[1:16 PM] bREWlager: "Ah, that would explain the foreign attire. What brings you to Khlin?"
[1:22 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "I wanted to travel the world, so I took a boat or two and now I'm walking my way home," Mahe explained.
[1:22 PM] bREWlager: "And where's home for you?" Leodin leans against a tree.
[1:27 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "If you've ever heard of it, I'm East Aquan," Mahe responded.
[1:27 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Yourself?"(edited)
[1:32 PM] bREWlager: "I'm a Khlinese native myself." "So you're from the Water Tribe, huh? I know someone that used to live there..."
[1:34 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Oh? The Water Tribe's a rather diverse place. Each Island in the chain is a bit diferent. I'm from one of the far eastern islands."
[1:34 PM] bREWlager: "Ah, she's from the western side if I recall correctly."
[1:39 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Mm. From what I've heard from the west, it's much more strict and militaristic," Mahe nodded.
[1:44 PM] bREWlager: "Hm... I'm not too familiar with that area myself, so I'm not really sure."(edited)
[1:58 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "I myself only know details of the east. My knowledge of the western islands is entirely from what I've been told."
[2:14 PM] bREWlager: He nods. "Well, if you're planning on making the trek back home, I would advise not taking the road south through Khlin."
[2:15 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "I heard," Mahe nodded, "A small looking mage let me know and pointed me in this fort's direction."
[2:18 PM] bREWlager: "Ah. Well to be honest, making the trek through Khlin will be quite dangerous. You might want to travel with our forces when we head south in a few days."
[6:34 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "I'm not so vulnerable as you might think, this Kanabo I'm swinging like a stick is solid steel," Mahe smirked, "But regardless, I thank you for the offer. It will be considered."
[6:47 PM] bREWlager: "Of course. Just be careful with the nobility in Intetsu. They are ruthless, and aren't as open to outsiders."
[6:53 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "I'm always careful. Take it slow so I can properly take in the scene," Mahe insisted
February 13, 2017
[11:34 AM] bREWlager: "Okay, sounds like you know what you're doing then." Leodin nods.
[11:36 AM] Appa | Very Lewd: "I'm sorry if this comes as rude, but I've been wanting to ask this entire time," Mahe leaned a bit more onto her club, "What's with the mask?"
[11:52 AM] bREWlager: "Well... There's certain people that I would rather not know my identity. It's just a safety measure."
[11:55 AM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Must have some powerful enemies, if drawing attention with a mask is the preferred option," Mahe shrugged.
[12:03 PM] bREWlager: "Yeah..." He nods. "You can call me Leodin, by the way." He reaches out a hand.
[12:06 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Mahealani," Mahe shook with a surprisingly firm grip. It was apparent that her training had done something.
[12:07 PM] bREWlager: Leodin smiles and pats the side of Morderrand’s sheath. "Mind if I train with you?"
[12:10 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Feel free. Though, if you mean to spar with live weapons, I'll need a moment to put on my armor," She nods, stand back up straight.
[12:11 PM] bREWlager: "Oh, I wasn't referring to sparring, but if you would prefer it, then I'm up to the challenge."
[12:14 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "We'll see. What did you have in mind then?" Mahe hoisted her club back onto her shoulder.
[12:14 PM] bREWlager: "Well, you do seem to have a unique way of training," He gestures to the torn up tree.
[12:16 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Its more strength training than actual combat training. Akin to lifting weights really," Mahe explained.
[12:17 PM] bREWlager: "Ah. Well, I'm open to whatever kind of training you'd prefer."
[12:33 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Hmm," Mahe considers. They could just spar, but that was too easy. What is something that we can both reasonably be expected to do... "I've some daggers and hatchets. We could perhaps toss those at targets?"
[12:34 PM] bREWlager: Leodin pulls a dagger out from under his cape. "Now that's something I can do."
[12:38 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Mmm. Need some spares? I'll grab mine and then we pick a tree to carve a target in."
[12:39 PM] bREWlager: "Sure, that'd be great." Leodin starts to look around for a tree while Mahe grabs her weapons.
[12:40 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: Mahe returns shortly with a pair of small axes, and a spare dagger, "Find a nice wide one?"
[12:43 PM] bREWlager: "Yeah, this one looks decent." He pats the side of the tree and steps back.
[12:46 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Alright," Mahe set down an axe and the dagger, then took to hacking a rough and squarish target into the tree.
[12:49 PM] bREWlager: Leodin examines the dagger he got from Auriel once more while waiting for Mahe to finish.
[12:50 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "That dagger seems special to you. Call it a blacksmith's intuition," Mahe looked back when she was done.
[12:53 PM] bREWlager: "To be honest, the person I got this dagger from actually tried to kill me. I kept it as a...souvenir of sorts."
[12:53 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Hah. I suppose that does qualify as special..." Mahe smirked.
[12:54 PM] bREWlager: He shrugs. "Who's first?"
[12:55 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: Mahe held an axe and the dagger behind her back, "Pick an arm."
[12:57 PM] bREWlager: "Ah, left." He chooses pretty much at random.
[12:58 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: Mahe hands him the spare dagger, "You're up."
[1:10 PM] bREWlager: Leodin decides to use his own dagger first, and throws it at the tree, hitting the target perfectly.
[1:11 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Good work," Mahe nods.
[1:11 PM] bREWlager: "Thanks... I guess I'm just used to using that dagger."
[1:16 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: Mahe reels back and sends the dagger spinning at the target, "You're up."
[1:17 PM] bREWlager: Leodin tosses the new dagger around in his hand before flicking his wrist towards the tree, somehow landing it better than the first. "Huh. Guess I'm not half bad."
[1:18 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "I like to think its the aerodynamics of my forging," Mahe winked.
[1:19 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: Mahe tossed again, hitting barely, "Woah. I gotta pay better attention next round."
[1:19 PM] bREWlager: "I had a very...strict mentor when I was younger." Leodin went and collected the two daggers.
[1:20 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: Mahe grabbed up her hatchets, "It shows."
[1:22 PM] bREWlager: Leodin walks a bit farther back this time and spins around, throwing Mahe's dagger at the tree in one swift motion. He hits the target, but barely.
[1:24 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: Mahe matches his throw, at least in terms of how close they were to missing.
[1:25 PM] bREWlager: Leodin switches his dagger over to his left hand and throws it, hitting the target once again.
[1:26 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: Mahe hits, again barely. Well. A hit is a hit i suppose.
[1:27 PM] bREWlager: Leodin collects the daggers again and stands even farther back this time.
[1:27 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: Mahe does the same. Can't let up. Got prove I'm no less.
[1:28 PM] bREWlager: Leodin throws Mahe's dagger again and hits the tree, but misses the target. "Can't hit 'em all."
[1:30 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Words to live by," Mahe nodded. She tossed again, managing to hit. Good.
[1:31 PM] bREWlager: Leodin takes his time with this one, and throws Auriel's dagger at the tree, just barely hitting the target.
[1:32 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: Mahe tosses again, her cheeks shooting hot crimson when she flat out missed the tree entirely.
[1:33 PM] bREWlager: "Guess we both did a bit worse that round. How many to you want to go to?" He says as he collects the daggers again.
[1:39 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Mhm..." Mahe sighs, clearly not happy. She collects her axes as well. Missing the target sure, but the tree entirely!?
[1:39 PM] bREWlager: "We all miss from time to time, it's nothing to worry about."
[1:41 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Aye. Miss. But that was so wide I could've been aiming at the tree behind it..." Mahe tossed an axe a bit angrily at the tree.(edited)
[1:42 PM] bREWlager: Guess we're just going until she says she's done... He throws the dagger and misses the target again, but hits the tree a little bit above.
[1:43 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: Mahe tosses again, managing another hit.
[1:47 PM] bREWlager: Leodin throws his other dagger, hitting the target fairly well this time.
[1:48 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Good throw," Mahe took a breath.
[1:49 PM] bREWlager: "Thank you." Leodin pulls the weapons out of the tree.
[1:51 PM] Appa | Very Lewd: "No problem," Mahe picked her axes back up.
February 21, 2017
[8:28 AM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Well, I'll not keep you here any longer," Mahe moved to put the axes away, "Thanks for being a partner."
[8:41 AM] bREWlager: He nods. "Alright. Well good luck getting through Khlin, Mahealani."
[8:42 AM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Likewise, Leodin," Mahe nodded, extendeding a hand for her spare dagger.
[8:43 AM] bREWlager: Leodin hands her the dagger back and puts his other one away.
[8:43 AM] Appa | Very Lewd: Stowing the dagger, her hand returns with intent to shake.
[8:56 AM] bREWlager: Leodin shakes her hand. "Maybe I'll see you on the path to Intetsu."
[9:00 AM] Appa | Very Lewd: "Perhaps," Mahe nodded, hoisting up her bag onto her back.
[9:01 AM] bREWlager: "Farewell!" Leodin heads back to the fort, and waves one last time to Mahe.
[9:03 AM] Appa | Very Lewd: She waves as he leaves, lingering in the 'training area' for a moment before leaving as well.
[9:12 AM] Appa | Very Lewd: == === ==



No comments:

Post a Comment